Towards a Brighter Tomorrow: India's G20 Presidency and the Dawn of a New Multilateralism
Today marks 365 days since India assumed the G20 Presidency. It is a moment to reflect, recommit, and rejuvenate the spirit of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam, ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future.’
As we undertook this responsibility last year, the global landscape grappled with multifaceted challenges: recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic, looming climate threats, financial instability, and debt distress in developing nations, all amid declining multilateralism. In the midst of conflicts and competition, development cooperation suffered, impeding progress.
A Walk on the Wild side
29 November 2023
Nestled just beyond the bounds of Houghton in Johannesburg, lies a serene 16-hectare nature reserve known as The Wilds. This sanctuary offers a haven for nature enthusiasts, providing respite from the relentless pace of city life while offering stunning vistas of the urban landscape.
The Role of Men in Ending Violence
Family Photo: African Union 3rd Men’s Conference on Positive Masculinity in Leadership to End Violence Against Women and Girls co-hosted by South Africa and the Union of Comoros under the theme: “Accelerating Commitments Towards the African Union Convention on Ending Violence Against Women and Girls.” (photo: Siyabulela Duda/GCIS)
28 November 2023
President Cyril Ramaphosa has highlighted the role of men as an increasingly influential force in making the Convention to End Violence Against Women and Girls a tangible achievement throughout Africa. The President was delivering remarks at the 3rd African Union Men's Conference on Positive Masculinity, held in Pretoria on Tuesday.
For a New Era
The fourth volume of Xi Jinping: The Governance of China is a compelling read for anyone who wants to grasp the reality of China and the world today
By Charles Onunaiju, Director, Centre for China Studies, Abuja, Nigeria
The 658-page Xi Jinping: The Governance of China Volume IV, comprising written and spoken works of Chinese President Xi Jinping, who is also general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, is a timely interrogation into the issues in the governance of China, and carries profound insights into the existential subjects of contemporary global governance.
29 November 2023
By M Rampedi
Ten years ago, Chinese President Xi Jinping unveiled an economic and infrastructure blueprint to promote connectivity and boost trade and development. To date, the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) has transformed and improved the lives of millions of people across more than 150 participating countries worldwide. On the BRI’s 10th anniversary, it’s perhaps fitting to retrace Xi’s thought process and the steps taken since its launch in 2013.
Let Science Speak on the Safety of ALPS Treated Water in Fukushima
28 November 2023
The claims in the articles entitled “Japan’s Dumping of Nuclear Sewage is a global problem” published on 15 November and “Japan's Nuclear Sewage Discharge: A Global Threat Demanding Urgent Collective Action” published on 16 November are based on factually and scientifically incorrect understanding of the issues related to the water at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (FDNPS).
Feel Korea from K-Pop to K-Food, K-Beauty, and Netflix K-Dramas
27 November 2023
30 NOV-2 DEC 2023, Pretoria, South Africa: The craze about all things Korean (‘K-everything’) sweeping the globe, so-called ‘the Korean wave,’ is set to have a celebratory event in South Africa as a three-day long immersive Korean Culture Festival is scheduled to be held between Thursday, 30 November and Saturday, 2 December at the Korean Cultural Centre in Pretoria.
The first launching ceremony of the 100-day campaign of filial piety
25 November 2023
On November 2023, 11, the launching ceremony of the first stop of the 12-day filial piety action of "Let Love and Respect Go Together" and "Let Filial Piety Become a Faith" jointly launched by the Pingping Disability Fund of Changzhou Charity Federation, Guangdong Film and Television Production Co., Ltd., and the crew of the movie "Dad, Let Me Love You Again" was successfully held in Changzhou China Filial Piety Park.
Towards the next decade of interconnectivity
24 November 2023
On the 3rd Belt and Road Forum (BRI) for International Cooperation held in October 2023 in Beijing, China, Prime Minister of Ethiopia Abiy Ahmed (Ph.D.) brought witness to the practicality of the BRI initiative when he highlighted the benefits of the initiative translated into interconnecting people and markets in the Horn region.
24 November 2023
South African President Cyril Ramaphosa has highlighted the urgent need for global unity in ensuring equal access to education for all, particularly amidst ongoing instability. The President was speaking at the Education International 10th Africa Regional Conference held at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg.
BRICS nations call for immediate and sustained humanitarian truce in Gaza
23 November 2023
The BRICS group of nations has strongly called for an immediate and sustained humanitarian truce leading to a cessation of hostilities in the situation in the Middle East. President Cyril Ramaphosa, as Chair of the BRICS group of nations, convened a BRICS Extraordinary Joint Meeting on Tuesday to exchange views on the current situation in Gaza and other Palestinian Occupied Territories as well as its spillover effects.
- Young Leaders Discover Xiamen and Its GDI Implementation
- Piloting system to ease traffic congestion at border
- Xi, Kishida reaffirm strategic, mutually beneficial China-Japan ties
- China Xuchang Dongmei Electric responds to the national Belt and Road development strategy and lays out the African market
- Vietnam proposes three priorities at 34th APEC Ministerial Meeting
- APEC Finance Ministers' Meeting deals with global, regional challenges
- South Africa and Qatar expand economic relations
- Japan's Nuclear Sewage Discharge: A Global Threat Demanding Urgent Collective Action
- Xi Jinping and U.S. President Joe Biden held a China-US summit
- Japan's Dumping of Nuclear Sewage is a global problem
- Celebrating 25 Years of Friendship between China and South Africa
- The Mining Committee of the China Economic and Trade Association of South Africa held the 2023 Mining Compliance Lecture and Exchange Meeting
- Look at the good voice of the Chinese Lankao CPPCC and take the road of common prosperity and development
- Celebrating close collaboration between Poland and South Africa
- Xi's APEC trip to pilot China-U.S. ties, contribute to regional, global development
- White Paper set to overhaul migration system
- South African Professor Dire Tladi elected judge of International Court of Justice
- A Classical Guitar Concert to celebrate 30 years of South Africa – Mexico relations
- Xi meets South African deputy president
- US reiterates commitment to strengthen relations with Africa
- Egyptian humanitarians work nonstop at Rafah crossing to prepare aid trucks for Gaza
- Why does the CIIE do better and better?
- Top-notch leadership drives high-quality development forward
- China's opening up to the world from the sixth session of the Expo
- Türkiye and South Africa: Strengthening Ties in Uncertain Times